Change, Inc. proudly employs Master Addictions Counselor, Steve Baker, who has over 35 years of experience in mental health, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, and help for families/loved ones of persons struggling with addiction.
What is a Master Addictions Counselor?
A Master Addictions Counselor is certified by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (formerly, the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors), as being among the nation’s most experienced and reliable addiction counselors. The requirements for this prestigious and difficult to obtain certification are:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Substance Use Disorders/Addiction and/or related counseling subjects (social work, mental health counseling, psychology) from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Current credential or license as a Substance Use Disorder/Addiction counselor or Professional Counselor (social worker, mental health, marriage & family, professional counselor, psychologist, psychiatrist, medical doctor) issued by a state or credentialing authority.
- 6,000+ hours of supervised experience as a Substance Use Disorder/Addiction counselor.
- 500+ contact hours of education and training in Substance Use Disorder/Addiction, where at least 50% of of those hours must be face-to-face, where six of those hours include ethics training and six hours include HIV/other pathogens training, all within the previous 6 years
- Passing score on the Master Addiction Counselor examination.
Why is this Important?
Change, Inc. St. Louis counseling is committed to non-judgmental, down-to-earth counseling. And, our counselors are experts in their field. Certifications like the MAC prove just that.
Looking for Master Addictions Counselors available to residents of St. Louis?
Get your life back today! Start by making this simple call.
We can schedule you immediately!
Nervous about calling? Email us at email@example.com!