So. You want to be an Agent of Change?
At CHANGE, INC.
We LOVE graduate students, and they seem to love us! Our environment is highly supportive, training-intensive, and flexibly-structured.
Hear from Clinical Director, EMilY HORNING
What We Promise:
- Hands-on, Immersive Training:
- Licensure-required supervision is provided in-house (or outside, as necessary) for all clinicians, at no-cost to most clinicians
- Specific spot-work supervision is also provided (e.g., separate couples counseling supervision), at no-cost to most clinicians
- Monthly Change, Inc. 101 Workshops where in-house clinicians are paid to present to one another within their areas of expertise/training/
- Group consultations with paid experts in the field (e.g., Dr. Jeffrey Kottler)
- The Most Competitive Starting Mental Health Salaries in St. Louis: Our compensation model means new clinicians make full-time salaries (average $45-$55K per year) working just 3 days per week!
- 3-Day Work Week: Clinicians are only required to be in the office working 3 days per week, and otherwise are asked to check email about every 24 hours; Any infrequent ad hoc meetings or requirements are compensated at an hourly rate, and supervision is paid for!!!
- No recruiting involved: Clinicians’ caseloads are built entirely for them in 60-90-days.
- Group Experiences: Once per quarter, outside facilitators lead day-long group therapy experiences **for our therapists** to process the difficult work of being clinicians. There is nothing like this offered anywhere else in STL!!!
- Social Events: Three times per year, Change, Inc. pays for social events for clinicians and staff to be together in a social setting with no agenda but to have fun and relax.
- Opportunities for Growth and Advancement: Most all of our clinicians go on to become clinical mentors or licensure supervisors, or to fulfill leadership functions within our environment.
- Low-Turnover: Whereas it is a generally accepted fact that most mental health work has a high-turnover/burn-out rate, Change, Inc. turns over 6% or less of our staff per year.
Coming Straight from Graduate School? So Did the Clinicians Below, and Many More!!!
Who Works with Us?
Diversity & Change, Inc.: Practical, Transparent, Ethical
At Change, Inc., here are the ways our commitment to diversity is demonstrated internally and externally.
Of our current clinical, support, and executive staff of 21 persons:
- 13 (~62%) identify as women // 8 (~38%) identify as men
- 4 (~19%) identify as African-American
- 2 (~10%) identify as LGBTQ+
- We also have diverse:
- Religious/spiritual identities, to include Buddhist, Christian, Jewish, Eclectic, Atheist, Agnostic, and Non-Identifying persons.
- Ages, to include clinicians ranging from their late 20’s to early 60’s.
- Therapeutic orientations, to include practitioners working from Motivational, Gestalt, ACT, EFT, Existential, CBT, Person-Centered, Psychodynamic, and a variety of other frameworks.
- Professional Licensure, to include Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC), Licensed Clinical Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists.
Of our current 9 leadership staff:
7 (~78%) identify as women, to include our Clinical Director, Assistant Clinical Director, Managing Director, Assistant Managing Director, Assistant Director of Transitions & Triage, Director of Community Engagement, Assistant Director of Community Engagement, and our Senior Client Liaison.
- 2 (~22%) identify as men, to include our Director of Transitions & Triage, and our CEO.
- Of our efforts to promote diversity within our client-base:
- We offer a sliding scale based on combined household income
- We offer additional COVID-19-based-financial reductions and pro-bono sessions on a case-by-case basis
- Of our efforts to promote diversity within our community:
- We have undertaken specific efforts to aide the advancement of both socioeconomically/otherwise disadvantaged persons and persons of color within our community and our nation that stretches beyond the provision of counseling
- We have provided public events to promote the advancement of other mental health clinicians and women.
Hear from Assistant Clinical Director, NICOLE NEACE
Please note the following qualifications carefully:
- Required : Documented Master’s degree or higher in Counseling or related field.
- Required : Documented minimum 2-4 years experience in mental health at-large, and some actual counseling experience.
- Preferred : Documented Licensure as an unrestricted, non-supervision-required Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) (if in MO) or LCPC (if coming from IL), Social Worker (LCSW), or Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT).
NOTE: **Supervision-required/Provisional licensure (LMSW, PLPC, PLMFT) will be considered if all other qualifications met on a case by case basis.**
- This is a healthcare environment — all employees are required to be vaccinated + booster, or to show proof thereof
HOW TO APPLY
You think you’re up to the challenge, eh?
- Email resume to email@example.com!
***Please no phone calls or visits.***
If we’re interested, someone will contact you back within 3-10 business days.
Compensation is a percentage of the billed amount per client, commensurate with therapist licensure and experience.
Provisionally Licensed Clinicians working 3 days per week:
$40,800/year to $45,600/year (3 days per week)
$43,200/year to $48,000/year (3 days per week)
Eligible for %-based compensation!!!
$50-$60,000/year (3 days per week)
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Free annual admission to a conference
- Quarterly therapeutic “group experiences” where a facilitator leads a process group aimed at helping you receive the support you need to manage the difficulty associated with being a therapist
- In-house process-experiential groups lead by a certified Gestalt therapist, aimed at helping you learn new skills opportunities to grow with your peers that are simply not offered anywhere else in STL:
- Twice yearly social events paid for entirely by the company, with our entire team — no agenda but to hang out and build community!.
- Employee-driven social events organized by our tongue-in-cheek “FUN! Committee”
Hear from Managing Director, Stacy Blassingame