diversity & Change, INC.
Diversity & Change, Inc.: Practical, Transparent, Ethical
At Change, Inc., here are the ways our commitment to diversity is demonstrated internally and externally.
Firstly, we know that personal lived experiences and identities impact our professional clinical work. As many of our positions are focused on working with LGBTQIIA+ persons, persons of color, or other unique groups with unique needs, having clinicians with one or more shared identities is invaluable. Thus, we highly encourage members of these groups to apply to our growing and vibrant team.
Of our current clinical, support, and executive staff of 19 persons:
- 14 (~74%) identify as women // 5 (~26%) identify as men
- 3 (~11%) identify as African-American
- 1 (~5%) identifies as Hispanic-American of Cuban descent
- 3 (~18%) identify as LGBTQIIA+
- 1 (~5%) identifies as of non-US origin (Ukraine)
- We also have diverse:
- Religious/spiritual identities, to include Buddhist, Christian, Jewish, Eclectic, Atheist, Agnostic, and Non-Identifying persons.
- Ages, to include clinicians ranging from their late 20’s to early 60’s.
- Therapeutic orientations, to include practitioners working from Motivational, Gestalt, ACT, EFT, Existential, CBT, Person-Centered, Psychodynamic, and a variety of other frameworks.
- Professional Licensure, to include Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists (LMFT).
Of our current 8 leadership staff:
7 (~88%) identify as women, to include our Clinical Director, Assistant Clinical Director, Assistant Clinical Director, Managing Director, Assistant Managing Director, Director of Diversity & Inclusion, and our Senior Client Liaison
- 1 (~12%) identifies as a man
- 1 (~12%) identifies as LGBTQIIA+
- Of our efforts to promote diversity within our client-base:
- We offer a sliding scale based on combined household income
- We offer additional COVID-19-based-financial reductions and pro-bono sessions on a case-by-case basis
- Of our efforts to promote diversity within our community:
- We have undertaken specific efforts to aide the advancement of both socioeconomically/otherwise disadvantaged persons and persons of color within our community and our nation that stretches beyond the provision of counseling
- We have provided public events to promote the advancement of other mental health clinicians and women
ST. LOUIS COunseling Locations
Change, Inc. South Kingshighway:
5859 S. Kingshighway Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63109
Change, Inc. South Hampton & 44:
3460 Hampton Avenue, Suite 204
St. Louis, MO 63139
WEEKDAYS: 9a to 5p
Contacts received before 3pm:
- returned the same business day
Contacts received after 3pm or on the weekends:
- returned the next business day
314-669-6242 / 877-5-CHANGE (524-2643)
EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK:
10am to 9pm